RE: [uCsimm] tinylogin

From: Stu (doktor1@earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Mar 07 2000 - 11:11:18 EST

Perhaps we could implement some kind of alternate crypt() function, one that
doesn't take so long? I'm sure some XORs and a little bit of bit rotation
between characters in the password would be enough. Not as secure as
crypt(), to be sure, but even a crypt()ed password can be brute-force
hacked. The goal is to have the password in a state where it is not just
plaintext. :)

http://www.uClinux.com/