[uCsimm] tinylogin

From: 권석근 (kwonsk@mutech.co.kr)
Date: Tue Mar 07 2000 - 07:44:24 EST

Hi, all

I installed account/passwd util on uClinux using source from tinylogin.
As you guess, without modification tinylogin could not be made
for uClinux. but porting was rather simple. I just remove some
syslog specific lines and add crypt routine (come from redhat libc source
and patched because of data segment overflow)
i applied this tinylogin to uClinux on flash fs.
and result was not impressive. too slow login time becase of
crypt routine. and telnet login fails (i could not find the reason yet).
one good thing was i could add user and change password for root.
may be tinylogin tool is not good for small control devices like ucsimm.
change password directly at login.c and copy this to /bin directory
would be more fast, in my thought.
BTW, it works and it could be suitable for another platform with uClinux.
if you donot want to redo my step, drop me a mail. but i will stop
playing with tinylogin until i could find it useful later.

Thanks.
kwonsk.