[uCsimm] Re: FS on FLASH

From: 권석근 (kwonsk@mutech.co.kr)
Date: Wed Mar 01 2000 - 23:18:48 EST

Hi, Erwin

the FTL spec i've mentioned was exactly that docu.
and MTD code is based on David Hinds (original author,
dhinds@tao.stanford.edu) 's FTL code.
If you have techinical question about FTL, then you could
ask to him, his mail is alive and he replies very fast.
FTL code is for PCMCIA and main site is
http://pcmcia.sourceforge.org . They are oriented
general plugable PCMCIA card including Compact Flash Card.
and MTD has a focus on memory devices (very active on DOC
currently)
Mr. David Woodhouse at MTD do a patch on original
FTL code mainly at phyical device handling codes (mtd device).
and introduced some bugs on original FTL codes.
(actually i've reported two bugs to david hinds and
he said that first bug was already covered and second bug
was not on his source)

If you want another docu about FTL, you might consult pcmcia
site or david hinds.

Thanks
kwonsk