Re: [uCsimm] FS on FLASH

From: 권석근 (kwonsk@mutech.co.kr)
Date: Mon Feb 28 2000 - 23:40:25 EST

Hi, all
After repeated copy/delete test, I've found critical bug in FTL code of
MTD. Well,, this bug may not be found with large sized flash memory card
(FTL code is for PCMCIA flash card when it starts). becase they might
have large free area in normal case. Repeated read/write on 1Mbyte FTL
would utilize almost all blocks of flash, and shows 'bad free list' error.
Now, after bugfix, fs on FTL on flash is stable (i think). I'm currently
testing
erase distribution of FTL. (it must be even). After that i'll notify you
the result.
Release of my porting could be delayed about 3 days, I must check
if my bugfix was correct (in my guess, i'm right). I'll send bug report to
original coder David Hinds and make sure it's safe. It'll take 3 days
maybe.
Sorry for my delaying.

Thanks.
kwonsk.