[uCsimm] proxy arp seems broken to me

From: Robert Tagliarini (bobtag@cftnet.com)
Date: Fri Feb 25 2000 - 12:36:53 EST

Hello,

I have an embedded system running uClinux connected to my workstation on ttyS0.
 I'm able to communicate via ppp with my embedded system from my workstation
just fine. I'd like to make the embedded system visible to others on the same
LAN my workstation is on and I thought proxy arp would do it. From reading the
NAG, it looks like all I should have to do is arp -s <embedded sys ip>
<workstation ether address> pub. This adds an entry to the arp list but my
workstation doesn't respond when others try to ping the embedded system. I
can telnet to the workstation and from there telnet to the embedded system
but can't access the embedded system directly from another host on the lan. The
workstation is running redhat 6.1 and all systems are on the same subnet.
Would someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks, Bob Tagliarini