[uCsimm] Dev dir dups.

From: Tom Walsh (tom@cyberiansoftware.com)
Date: Thu Feb 24 2000 - 14:53:42 EST

I know that this was mentioned before, but I don't believe anything was
resolved regarding the duplicate devices in the /dev dir of the romfs.
I found that if I removed the symbolic link "\@dev" to the
/opt/uClinux/dev directory, then did a "mkdir dev" and run a script to
do a series of mknod s to rebuild the contents of the dev dir, then
the 'ls /dev' duplicates disappear.

The code seems to run fine by doing it this way... Anyone know why the
'\@dev' approach was taken? Is that name needed somehow, somewhere? I
am placing the script on
'ftp://ftp.openhardware.net/pub/EZ328SIMM/make_uclinux_devs.sh'.

Tom Walsh - WN3L - Embedded Systems Consultant - tom over_at mytoys(.)com
'www.mytoys.com', 'www.openhardware.net', 'www.cyberiansoftware.com'