[uCsimm] Question on soldering BGA's (ELAN)

From: Ben Greear (greearb@candelatech.com)
Date: Wed Feb 23 2000 - 21:32:22 EST

Please excuse the off-topicness...

We're having trouble getting our prototype board soldered together,
mainly because of an ELAN CPU from AMD (it's a BGA with something like
380 balls on it.)

Does anyone know of some place we can pay to get them to solder just
that one chip on the board (and maybe the whole board after we get
the prototype working..?) Aside from that, any tricks or hints that may
give us a chance of doing it ourselves?

Thanks a heap,
Ben

--
Ben Greear (greearb@candelatech.com)  http://scry.wanfear.com/~greear
Author of ScryMUD:  scry.wanfear.com 4444        (Released under GPL)