[uCsimm] Time for Linux!

From: Michael Durrant (mdurrant@rt-control.com)
Date: Wed Feb 23 2000 - 02:09:20 EST

As the maintainer of this list and supporter of Jeff's uClinux
revolution, I feel it necessary to put my 10 cents worth on this
issue.

"David Smead" wrote:

> Embedded systems is where Linux is going to dominate first, if it
> isn't already. Anyone starting from scratch to write an embedded
> application would be nuts not to use Linux, even if the realtime
> extensions are still evolving.

Right on!

I am very happy to see that our efforts have created a legacy already!
Linux in the embedded space has arrived. And I am proud of the
efforts that everyone on the uClinux and uCsimm list have made
in improving and expanding uClinux. As a Linux OS that Jeff and
Kenneth started over 2 Years ago, uClinux has come a long way.
Real commercial products have been shipping and others
are on the way that take advantage of our uClinux OS.

Hardware like Rt-Control's uCsimm, MoretonBay's VPN router,
Aplio's and Axis's products have assisted in providing support for advancing
uClinux. While not all companies brand their products with the uClinux
name they all use the base code that Jeff and Kenneth created and
named uClinux!

I predict that it will be only months before uClinux becomes the first
choice in Linux OS for use in commercial embedded microcontroller
applications where size and cost matters. The reallity is that the
contributions and support from the OpenSource community will help
make this come true! For this reason I would like to thank everyone
for contributing to the uClinux - Embedded Microcontroller Linux Project.

--
Michael Durrant
http://www.rt-control.com