Re: [uCsimm] Time for Linux!

From: David Smead (smead@amplepower.com)
Date: Wed Feb 23 2000 - 00:02:18 EST

Tom,

Embedded systems is where Linux is going to dominate first, if it
isn't already. Anyone starting from scratch to write an embedded
application would be nuts not to use Linux, even if the realtime
extensions are still evolving.

In the not too distant future, desktop computers will be relics on the
order of mechanical calculators. In their place will be multitudes of
smart appliances all running Linux and automatically synchronized to the
main server whether that's in the home or office.

I don't see a lot of room for proprietary OSes in this kind of future.

Sincerely,

David Smead
http://www.amplepower.com.