Re: [uCsimm] Using two or mor uCsimms together??

From: Greg Ungerer (gerg@moreton.com.au)
Date: Wed Feb 09 2000 - 18:59:23 EST

Hi Greg,

Greg KH wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 08, 2000 at 07:38:58AM +0000, Greg Ungerer wrote:
> >
> > I have a PCI bus running on uClinux _now_.
> >
> > I have connected to it a Lucent USB host controller wired to this PCI
> > bus.
> > I can detect and interrogate the USB part. Next comes the uClinux code
> > support.
> >
> > I am running this from a 90MHz ColdFire, how does 70MIPS sound for
> > processing power?? :-)
> >

> I am VERY impressed! I keep forgetting that there are processors running
> uClinux that have some MIPS in them :)
>
> Did you port the code from the 2.3.x kernel?

That is the plan, I have not started on the USB code port yet. I am
finishing up the PCI support proper first. I only have the resource
allocation to go on that.

There is a decent amount of work in it. So I expect it to take a good
few weeks to get it all back ported.

> And I am supposing that the Lucent host controller is OHCI.

Yes, that is right.

> Are you going to be using the acm driver to connect to a modem?

Hopefully all targets in the 2.3 branch should come over. I expect
my first device to be a simple keyboard or mouse.

> I can't wait to see these patches.

I am going as fast as I can :-)

Seeya
Gerg

Greg Ungerer EMAIL: gerg@moreton.com.au
Moreton Bay PHONE: +61 7 3279 1822
Unit 12, 97 Jijaws St, FAX: +61 7 3279 1820
Sumner Park, QLD, 4074, Australia WEB: www.moretonbay.com