Re: [uCsimm] Using two or mor uCsimms together??

From: Greg Ungerer (gerg@moreton.com.au)
Date: Tue Feb 08 2000 - 02:38:58 EST

Hi Greg,

Greg KH wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 07, 2000 at 06:54:33PM -0500, Paul Haas wrote:
> >
> > Danger USB digression ahead:
> >
> > I expect I'll buy something once someone gets a USB master node working
> > under uClinux and more USB peripherals become available. Hmmm, must do
> > more research before starting these posts. Looks like I want a
> > http://www.moreton.com.au/mbweb/product/nettel/NET2720.HTM or something
> > like it. First I want Microchip to start volume production on the PICs
> > with USB built in. I know PIC assembly code, so I'm waiting for the PIC
> > for my peripherals.
> >

> That might be a long time :)

Nope, not that long :-)

> Seriously, a USB host controller takes up a LOT of processing power and
> bandwidth (PCI is usually required). There are a few host controllers
> that do not require PCI (if you're interested I can dig up the
> information I have around here somewhere), but they will most likely not
> have kernel support, unless you create it yourself.

I have a PCI bus running on uClinux _now_.

I have connected to it a Lucent USB host controller wired to this PCI
bus.
I can detect and interrogate the USB part. Next comes the uClinux code
support.

I am running this from a 90MHz ColdFire, how does 70MIPS sound for
processing power?? :-)

Seeya
Greg

Greg Ungerer EMAIL: gerg@moreton.com.au
Moreton Bay PHONE: +61 7 3279 1822
Unit 12, 97 Jijaws St, FAX: +61 7 3279 1820
Sumner Park, QLD, 4074, Australia WEB: www.moretonbay.com