[uCsimm] gdb/gdbserver

From: Stuart Hughes (sehughes@zentropix.com)
Date: Thu Jan 27 2000 - 11:15:15 EST

I'm trying to get the gdb/gdbserver stuff that kwonsk did running. I
seems to have it functional, but I still have a problem with the level
of debugging information.

If I compile with -g, I don't get any line numbers, and do I cant step
and trace properly I get the following messages:

Breakpoint 1, 0x7000ac in main ()
(gdb) s
Single stepping until exit from function main,
which has no line number information.

If I try to build with -g2 or -g3 to get the debugging information, I
get errors:

[root@dell test]# m68k-pic-coff-gcc flash.c -g2 -o flash
/opt/uClinux/m68k-pic-coff/bin/gld: cannot open -lg: No such file or
directory
mv: flash: No such file or directory

BTW: even with plain -g I still get a warning:

[root@dell test]# m68k-pic-coff-gcc flash.c -g -o flash
/opt/uClinux/m68k-pic-coff/bin/gld: cannot open gcrt0.o: No such file or
directory

Has anyone got an idea what I need to do. If I need to build libg.a or
something else, how do I do it. All I have is the uClinux CDROM that
comes with the uCsimm

Regards, Stuart