Re: [uCsimm] date and getbenv()

From: David Beckemeyer (david@corp.earthlink.net)
Date: Mon Jan 24 2000 - 20:24:32 EST

Very cool. Thank you very much!

Do you have any answers to my other FLASH question, regarding how
many times, practically speaking, one could rewrite boot env vars?

Also what advice do you have for using the flash_erase_range() and
flash_write_range() API calls to store application data? Can you
provide sample code? I presume I could use locations from the top
of the OS area down, assuming I keep my OS image small enough to
avoid conflict? The "flashptr" argument is always the starting
address of the flash, e.g. 0x10c00000 and start/end are byte
offsets (vs. page numbers)? I assume start/end must be on 4K
boundries? Is the range start/end inclusive (i.e. start=0x1ff000
and end=0x1fffff and not start=0x1ff000 end=0x200000)?

I'm real nervous about messing with the FLASH, that's why I'm
asking for re-confirmation of what the docs say.

Thanks,

  - david