Re: [uCsimm] date and getbenv()

From: Tom Walsh (tom@mytoys.com)
Date: Fri Jan 21 2000 - 03:27:56 EST

Dai Katoh wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have two questions.
>
> 1) Setting a real date and time
> My simm lives in '70s!
> The original date(1) command only shows date, and can't set real date.
> Is there any good idea or workaround?

    This needs to be addressed with the implementation of a Real Time Interface that
is a seperate from the kernel. As I believe, the current mechanism to set the time
/ date only affects the value the kernel keeps, this does not affect the hardware
clock?

Tom Walsh - Embedded Systems Consultant - tom over_at mytoys(.)com
'www.mytoys.com', 'www.openhardware.net', 'www.cyberiansoftware.com'