Re: [uCsimm] Soldering, was: RTL Port, actually RTAI.

From: Tom Walsh (tom@mytoys.com)
Date: Wed Jan 19 2000 - 10:37:34 EST

Egil Kvaleberg wrote:

> Another piece of equipment that is really of essence, IMHO, is a stereo
> microscope. There are perfectly OK ones available at approx $200 a piece,
> they are more than good enough. Avoid anything that hasn't got built in
> illumination, it can be wortwhile to invest extra in dual fiber type
> illumination.
>
> The only real problems with these inexpensive units is that the maximum
> board size is limited due to the shallow reach of the base.
>
> Nikon, Zeiss or Bausch&Lomb units are nice, of course, but definetely OTT
> for occasional use.
>
> Do not get carried away wrt. to magnification, somewhere between 10X and
> 20X is OK.

This has become an interesting thread! I like the idea of the microscope, but would
it be possible to get a pinhole camera and add a 10X lens to it, then I could attach
the output of the camera to the monitor input of my 24" TV? I don't know much about
the cameras, I wonder if they output as NTSC video?

Tom Walsh - Embedded Systems Consultant - tom over_at mytoys(.)com
'www.mytoys.com', 'www.openhardware.net', 'www.cyberiansoftware.com'