Re: [uCsimm] Bootloader environment variables

From: David Beckemeyer (david@corp.earthlink.net)
Date: Wed Jan 19 2000 - 00:38:50 EST

On Tue, Jan 18, 2000 at 01:40:50PM +0100, Claudio Duffini wrote:
> I was searching to solve this "feature" without hacking
> the kernel, but seems that nobody touched the bootloader
> environment variables, again. those warnings on the uCsimm
> manual are rather descouraging ;-)

Yes, I don't recall a definitive answer to what the CONSOLE
variable does either and I'm a little too paranoid to change
it until I understand it better.

Along similar lines, in practical terms, (1) how many bootloader
environment variables can I set, (2) how much data can they hold,
and (3) how many times can I modify (re-write) them?

  - david