Re: [uCsimm] debugging with GDB

From: 권석근 (kwonsk@mutech.co.kr)
Date: Mon Jan 17 2000 - 02:55:35 EST

Hi, Alexander
first of all, thanks for your interest.

>It would be nice. I tryed Kwonsk's gdb, it works OK
>but (due to modifications in kernel??) it treats a C++ exception like
>gdb trap and bails out with 5th signal.

Well, i'm not good at C++, but let's try to fixit.
It seems that C++ treats exception, in C++ envirionment, using TRAP #1.
(my guess is C++ startup routine have a hook of trap #1 for their internal
usage. it's just my guess, does any body knows exact mechanizm?)
If it's true, we could avoid problems of C++ by using TRAP #15 as a
GDB's break point instruction (it's a simple patch).
Is this right? Or does anybody know what
the problem is exactly ?

Thanks, in advance.
kwonsk