Re: [uCsimm] debugging with GDB

From: 권석근 (kwonsk@mutech.co.kr)
Date: Mon Jan 17 2000 - 00:02:25 EST

Hi, all
I 've tested my debugging scheme (remote debug using gdbserver) with DDD
frontend. Of cource it works and DDD looks nicer than xxgdb!
Well, I am a novice with DDD yet, but it's GUI is simple and
intuitive.
I'm using redhat 5.2 and get pre-built binary (static) version of DDD
from mumm.ibr.cs.tu-bs.de.

I really love linux because, if not linux, this fancy debugging support is
impossible
(for free and with immediate) for this little board (uCsimm)
thanks to gdb people, DDD people and uClinux,uCsimm people.

BTW, believe or not ,I didn't like to use debugger for my project for a long
time
(about 11 years). As a programmer for embedded system, i thought that
i could debug all the stuff, i programmed, with printf and careful seeing
the sources.
Sadly speaking, programs became too large and complex for these days for me,
but i want to live without debugger if possible.
Somedays from now, i probably could'nt survive without symbolic debugger.
Therefore, i've tried this debugging support for uClinux.
Having a choce between using gdb or not is better than having no choice.

Thanks.
kwonsk