Re: [uCsimm] uCsimm, MB and CD for sale

From: Donald J Dionne (jdionne@ns1.rt-control.com)
Date: Sat Jan 15 2000 - 13:57:33 EST

> Kerry W. Podolsky wrote:
> > Since I have no further use for my setup AND
> > knowing how tight the supply of these toys are...
>
> That sold way too fast. Anybody else want to get rid of theirs?
>
> Does anybody know what's going on with the ucSimm? I ordered months
> ago, and can't seem to get an email replay concerning the status.

Next run is scheduled to ship end Feb. We've not lost anyone's order...
we'll let you know of any delays that crop up (we don't expect any).

The bottleneck, in case anyone was wondering, was 3 fold.

1, CrystalLan CS8900 ethernet chips are in short supply. They first
underestimated demand, then they botched a run, then they changed fab
lines, then they fixed a race condition in the EEPROM logic. We have
some now and are firmly in the queue for 2nd week Feb.

2, The board was refined for ease of automated assembly.

3, MAXIM had problems delivering the RS232 line driver chips. We had
to use a different chip (another small change to the board).

Everything is on target :-)

Jeff.