Re: [uCsimm] debugging with GDB

From: 권석근 (kwonsk@mutech.co.kr)
Date: Sat Jan 15 2000 - 02:56:18 EST

>PS: i could do source level debugging with gdb. And they
>traced source file well (like set breakpoint at line 11 of
>test.c and show source positon after break).
>But when i tried xxgdb (old grapical frontend
>for GDB), they didn't show C source file in the source window.
>Does anybody know why ? should i try another frontend like
>DDD?

Hi,
The problem of "not showing C source" is due to xxgdb.

When i tried new gdb with name gdb-68k,
(invoked xxgdb link this :> xxgdb -db_name gdb-68k test.coff)
xxgdb didn't show source files

But after some experiment (tracing xxgdb source files),
I changed the name from gdb-68k to gdb.
(save orignal native gdb to somewhere before you try this!)
and invoked xxgdb like this :
> xxgdb test.coff

Then, I could see the C sources for my debugging target!
Well, i got the graphical source level debugger now.
Double clicking at the source file for break point and then go ahead!
you will see break mark (arrow with hand icon) when breaked!
Would someone try another frontend like DDD ? I've heard that
it's nice one.

Have a nice day.
Thanks
kwonsk@mutech.co.kr