Re: [uCsimm] ping flood

From: Tom Walsh (spam@mytoys.com)
Date: Fri Jan 14 2000 - 15:36:40 EST

Rob Scott wrote:

> On Fri, 14 Jan 2000, Tom Walsh wrote:
>
> > Tom Walsh wrote:
> >
> > Okay, <whew!>, I have my platform up!!! So far, the 8M Flash is working
> > (programmed some bytes, thanks Vladimir!), 8M DRAM is working, and the External Memory
> > access as well. Still need to test the SPI to the Dallas clock and the /SRESET logic.
> >

> Great! BTW, I believe that m68k devices are big endian, as opposed to
> intel processors, which are little endian...

    Yeah, I always get confused as to what to call it when the Big end starts first in
memory, maybe that is why they call it "big endian"? ;^)

> > Also, I need to put together a skeleton Makefile to start building a downloader to
> > program the Flash (I am not familiar with the GNU make utility), does anyone have a
> > small skeleton project that I can use as a standalone foundation to build upon? I
> > know that I can spend some time with dissecting the Makefile for the kernel, but I
> > would appreciate saving some time right now, please keep in mind that the downloader
> > will be GPL'ed.
> >
> You might try looking at colilo, available at:
> http://www.moretonbay.com/coldfire/boot.html

    Thanks, this is exactly what I needed, it is a small compact project that I can now
start hacking apart and use to start building my loader from. I have a lot to learn about
gcc, as I see a lot of the volitile directives your sources, the optimizer needs to be told
not to make the Flash, SFR, etc, not to be an optimized array, eh?

Thank you,

Tom Walsh - Embedded Systems Consultant - tom over_at mytoys(.)com
'www.mytoys.com', 'www.openhardware.net', 'www.cyberiansoftware.com'