Re: [uCsimm] Digital Cam...

From: Anders Jackson (jackson@hig.se)
Date: Thu Jan 13 2000 - 17:07:57 EST

>>>>> "Erwin" == Erwin Authried <eauth@softsys.co.at> writes:

    Erwin> Hi Egil,

    Erwin> GPL 3.b says:

    Erwin> b) Accompany it with a written offer, valid for at least three
    Erwin> years, to give any third party, for a charge no more than your
    Erwin> cost of physically performing source distribution, a complete
    Erwin> machine-readable copy of the corresponding source code, to be
    Erwin> distributed under the terms of Sections 1 and 2 above on a medium
    Erwin> customarily used for software interchange; or,

    Erwin> Doesn't that mean that as soon as Axim sells their camera,
    Erwin> they have to provide the source to everyone who requests it
    Erwin> (even if he didn't buy anything)?

No, but they have to offer there customers the source when they sell
the stuff. But as it said, they hasn't sold anything yet that's GPL
(that I know of. How about MS?)

Anyway is there anyone that has been in contact with uClinux.com for
bying a machine? They doesn't seem to want to answer my questions for
how we should manage a pay. No, VISA isn't an option, the Uni. is
very restrict about using that.

/Jackson