Re: [uCsimm] Digital Cam...

From: Egil Kvaleberg (egil@kvaleberg.no)
Date: Thu Jan 13 2000 - 05:30:03 EST

On Thu, 13 Jan 2000, you wrote:

> I thought they had to supply the source on the net or on media for
> a nominal fee to anyone requesting it.

No, that only applies to whoever they have distributed binaries to.

There is no *requirement* whatsoever in GPL for general distribution.
The *minimum* requirement is to accompany any binaries distributed with a
written offer to supply source code. The recipient of which is free to
distribute it according to GPL, of course.

Egil

--
Email: egil@kvaleberg.no  Voice: +47 22523641, 92022780 Fax: +47 22525899
Mail:  Egil Kvaleberg, Husebybakken 14A, 0379 Oslo, Norway