Re: [uCsimm] Digital Cam...

From: David Maddox (maddox@cig.nml.mot.com)
Date: Thu Jan 13 2000 - 02:52:45 EST

> This is a uClinux device. I have reason to believe that they are
> using an ARM7TDMI core, but I could be way off base. In any event,
> there are real serious problems with Axis, they refuse to answer
> requests to return the changes they have made to uClinux.

I just went to developer.axis.com and they say they plan
to release the code in dec 99 so they're running just
a little late. ;^)

> Since I
> know of no one who owns an Axis device, I cannot demand the code
> since the GPL does not require them to provide source to third parties.

Are you sure about this? I grock the GPL a little different.
I thought they had to supply the source on the net or on media for
a nominal fee to anyone requesting it.

Dave