Re: [uCsimm] uCsimm and RTOS

From: Marc Salem (m.salem@unsw.edu.au)
Date: Sat Jan 08 2000 - 09:29:02 EST

On Thu, 6 Jan 2000, Edmund Troche wrote:

> I've seen some interest in having a RTOS running on the uCSimm. Has anyone
> considered porting the RTEMS OS
> to this platform?.

yes, I've been working on this using the Dragonball ADS and my own
controller, but i've been distracted by a few more important projects
at work.

If anyone wants the (incomplete and far from pretty) code, drop
me a mail.

I have heard of a number of other people expressing interest in RTEMS
on Dragonball, so a complete port may already exist by now.

-Marc

> Here's some info. on RTEMS:
>
> RTEMS is a real-time executive with the following features:
> * multitasking
> * homogeneous and heterogeneous multiprocessor systems
> * event-driven, priority-based, preemptive scheduling
> * optional rate monotonic scheduling
> * intertask communication and synchronization
> * priority inheritance and ceiling protocols
> * responsive interrupt management
> * high level of user configurability
> * reentrant ANSI C Library
> * addition of the FreeBSD TCP/IP stack
> * configuration via GNU autoconf
> * POSIX threads and real-time extensions
> * C++ Binding for Classic API
> * new Board Support Packages:
> * self booting pc386 BSP
> * psim (for free PowerPC 60x simulator)
> * helas403 (PowerPC 403)
> * ods68302
> * bare BSP
> * port to the Hitachi SH
> * better integration with the GNU tools
> * support for more hosts including CygWin32 and FreeBSD.
> * GNAT/RTEMS (native Ada tasking with RTEMS)
> Has already been ported to the Motorola mc680x0, Motorola 683xx,
> Motorola ColdFire, Intel i386 and i960, HP PA-RISC, SPARC, MIPS, PowerPC,
> AMD a29k, and Hitachi SH.
>
> You can download it from
> http://www.rtems.com/rtems/releases/notes400.html
>
> Edmund Troche
> Intelligent Reasoning Systems, Inc.
> 100 Michaelangelo Way, Bldg. E-900
> Austin, TX 78728
>
> E-Mail: etroche@irsinc.com
> Tel.: (512) 583-4116
>
> <<Edmund Troche.vcf>>

Marc Salem
m.salem@unsw.edu.au
0416 304 180

UNSW Solar Racing Team School Of Computer Science & Engineering
http://www.sunswift.com/ http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/