Re: [uCsimm] Kernel module support

From: Bernhard Kuhn (
Date: Fri Jan 07 2000 - 13:45:37 EST

Stuart Hughes wrote:
> My initial effort led me to make a patch that allows you to run the
> uClinux kernel from RAM using the goram command, so I don't have to keep
> re-burning the flash to try out kernels.

That's why i like to work with xcopilot: the turn around cycle times are
much smaller. Also it is possible to do stimuli by software, and
you can observe the results with cpu clock cycle accuracy ...
(didn't tried that yet)

It would be interresting to modify xcopilot to have a uCsimm-emulator.
that would simplifie development and would also enable many others
programmers to do contributions without having a real uCsimm :-)

I had a look at the xcopilot-code: shouldn't be too complicate since
xcopilot is good modularizised, but will take some time :-)

This message resent by the list server