RE: [uCsimm] RTL Port, actually RTAI.

From: Stu (doktor1@earthlink.net)
Date: Fri Jan 07 2000 - 06:43:49 EST

> Phil mentioned that there were two other gentlemen trying to find
> time to do the Real Time stuff for the kernel: Bernhard Kuhn, and
> Florian Pflug. I just wanted to update you on my status, I received the
> proto PCBs this morning, destroyed (?) one in mounting the surface mount
> parts, and succeeded in building the other. I have not yet put power
> to the board to see if the BDM is 'alive', but expect to do that early
> next week (I have a Linux file server to deliver to a customer that used
> to run only Windoze!).

Speaking of SMT parts, I got the MP3 evaluation board from IMBDev
(http://www.imbdev.com). Lots of surface-mount components. Can someone point
me to a good web or FTP site with hints on how to do this? I'm doing OK so
far, but I doubt I'm using the best soldering iron / solder combination.

Failing that, can someone suggest a good wattage for a soldering iron and/or
a good type of solder to do SMT with? The kit was $160 and I don't want to
screw it up too quickly. :)