Re: [uCsimm] Kernel module support

From: Stuart Hughes (sehughes@zentropix.com)
Date: Fri Jan 07 2000 - 06:08:03 EST

Bernhard Kuhn wrote:

> I just finish the basic interrupt handling layer. Today evening,
> i will document it step by step (like at RTAI), so everybody
> can understand what's going on - and post everthing, of course.
> The problem is, that it isn't possible to have a unified patch for
> all 68k-uclinux-plattforms, because interrupts are handled different.
> There has to be a "port per plattform" - but all with the same pattern.

Excellent, now that I finally got around to building my uCsimm if I can
help you with the RT porting, let me know. I started looking at this
myself (I didn't realise you had got so far).

My initial effort led me to make a patch that allows you to run the
uClinux kernel from RAM using the goram command, so I don't have to keep
re-burning the flash to try out kernels. If anyone is interrested, I'll
post the patch on the list and some instructions on how to use it.

Regards, Stuart.