[uCsimm] Re: Kernel module support

From: Keith Owens (kaos@ocs.com.au)
Date: Thu Jan 06 2000 - 19:12:30 EST

On Thu, 06 Jan 2000 16:14:03 +0000,
>Does anyone have any ideas what would be needed to add kernel module
>support (or even whether it is a practical idea).

IMHO modules for uclinux are silly, production embedded systems should
be static. However modules can be useful for testing and some code
cannot be included into the kernel for legal reasons, although the
recent change to the BSD licence might have fixed that problem. Adding
module support for uclinux is next on my list of modutils updates, once
I get modutils 2.3.10 out the door.

Keith Owens, modutils maintainer.