[uCsimm] Re: [UCLINUX] Fw: 32-bit PIC patches for the uCsimm !

From: Erwin Authried (eauth@softsys.co.at)
Date: Wed Jan 05 2000 - 18:50:15 EST

Hello Vadim,

maybe I'm missing something obvious, but I don't see any problem right now.
Maybe it's simply to late for thinking ;-)
Currently, the text segment of the library of the library is linked with every
application. If the complete library is put into a free space with a common
adress, and the link script is modified to take care of that, the library
routines
can be executed there because all applications share the same adress space,
and all the call offsets may be 32 bit with the patch. Of course, all
applications
have to be linked with the same, complete library.
The data + bss segment is handled like before. That shouldn't have to do
anything with the kernel, there no such stuff like usage-count or something
similar to handle. Please let me know if I'm missing something important.

Regards,

Erwin