Re: [uCsimm] please: help me solve the uCLinux dilemma

From: Larry Doolittle (ldoolitt@recycle.lbl.gov)
Date: Wed Jan 05 2000 - 13:15:31 EST

Enrico -

> Right now I'm called to design an embedded web server that should
> publish on demand some internal parameters of CNC machines, on the
> Internet.

The web server is easy on uCLinux, many other people have had success
with Boa/uCLinux. I (a Boa developer) read the list, and can help with
general Boa questions on or off the list. One Swedish company already
sells a video camera that publishes images and other data over the web
using Boa (not using uCLinux, though).

The customization of pages, otherwise known as dynamic content, would
be a little non-standard, since uCLinux doesn't fork() in the usual
way. Boa is simple and clean enough that I'm sure an effective and
supportable approach could be found.

     - Larry Doolittle <LRDoolittle@lbl.gov> <ldoolitt@boa.org>