Re: [uCsimm] uCLinux RAM Requirements

From: Greg Ungerer (gerg@moreton.com.au)
Date: Tue Jan 04 2000 - 19:50:13 EST

Hi Sam,

Sam Saprunoff wrote:
> I believe this question has been asked before, but for some reason I cannot
> locate the answer...
>
> What is the minimum memory requirements for uCLinux? Given the fact that
> the uCSimm has 2 MB Flash and 8 MB RAM, I suspect that it is less than this
> :)

You can run it in 1MB of RAM only. At least I have boards with 1MB of
RAM that I run uClinux/ColdFire on. You don't get a lot in only 1MB,
but you can do it.

I am pretty sure you could go 512K FLASH and 512K of RAM. The load image
for my 1MB RAM environment is ~500K.

Seeya
Greg

Greg Ungerer EMAIL: gerg@moreton.com.au
Moreton Bay PHONE: +61 7 3279 1822
Unit 12, 97 Jijaws St, FAX: +61 7 3279 1820
Sumner Park, QLD, 4074, Australia WEB: www.moretonbay.com