[uCdimm] Missing 0x10 in incoming serial stream

From: mdurrant@uclinux.org
Date: Tue Jun 12 2001 - 18:36:40 EDT

The original 68328serial.c was intended for console operations for what I
recall. The intent of control-P and control-R handling was to
allow on console debuging of an operating module. So that the control-P
would printout debugging register information and control-R would allow
for remote rebooting of the uCsimm module. A handy feature when using the
xcopilot emulator or uCsimm for debuging applications.

For uCsimm users I see that Evan has updated the cvs.uclinux.org version
of 68328serial.c found at:
http://cvs.uclinux.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/uClinux-2.0.x/drivers/char/68328serial.c

This will only enable this debugging mode for uCsimm and xcopilot consoles
when the __KERNEL_DEBUGGING__ flag is thrown at the root level Makefile.

As for uCdimm its serial driver supports multiple serial ports. I will
see if Evan and Michael Lelsie can post a patch.

--
Michael
mdurrant@uclinux.org

This message resent by the ucdimm@uclinux.com list server http://www.uClinux.com/